Daily life

It’s been a busy week

I didn’t plan for such a busy week, but it turned out to be one. 🙂 A friend of mine came over for a visit, which means I went on a cleaning frenzy before she got here. Because there’s one thing that I haven’t gotten over from my childhood, and that’s my house has gotta be some semblance of clean if I have company coming over. So I swept the floors, dusted the shelves, and picked up the clutter — more in the room we were going to be sitting in mostly, but I did it. Don’t get me wrong, there are still dusty shelves all over because ain’t no way my house is getting spotless in one day. That’s just not happening. Still, it got cleaner, and that’s a start. This friend took over the support group I started the last time I lived here in Albuquerque. She’s been having the meetings at her house over the past few years, and keeping the support group going. But, due to health issues (and the plague this past year) it’s been difficult for her. So I invited her over to talk and discussed splitting the responsibility now that I’m back — and maybe have meetings at both of our houses to give her a break now and again. One of the reasons why I liked having meetings at my house is that need to clean before having guests. Meaning it kept my house reasonably clean for the most part. That and the social aspect of meeting once a week, and the support of the group itself. A lot of the knitting/crochet groups I’ve joined over the years like to meet at restaurants which I guess is okay, and I’m not putting them down, but I feel weird sometimes when I’m with a support group and we’re meeting in public and trying to talk about our various ailments.

It’s funny because it’s true

So, Tuesday, Doug and I had lunch with his mom for the first time. It was nice to be able to meet in a public restaurant after all this time. And it was nice to see my Mom-in-Law after almost a year. She’s looking lovely too, and we had a nice lunch. We got to catch up and had a beautiful time. After lunch, Doug and I went shopping for some groceries then went to my new dentist’s office for my ‘pre-op’ visit where we got the sedatives for my dental work on Thursday and the “do this, don’t do that” for Wednesday night and Thursday morning. That took about half an hour. Wednesday was pretty calm. We got a few packages delivered but that’s about it. Thursday morning, as I alluded to a second ago, I had a ton of dental work done. I got knocked the fuck out for it too (sedated). While I was out, I had a root canal, temporary cap, four cavities filled, and deep cleaning done. It took roughly three hours for the dental work itself, and a little over an hour (I think) for the cleaning. I may be a little off on the timing. I remember going in around nine thirty and I think we left around two o’clock. But don’t quote me on that, I was drugged. 🙂 The dental assistants said that I was talking about Bugs Bunny during the dental work. I also upchucked right after the root canal. I’m not sure why. Doug had to bring a change of clothing for me when he came to pick me up. I go back in a week or two for the permanent cap. My mouth was a tiny bit sore afterwards but that’s about it. I came home and took a three hour nap, and felt perfectly fine if a bit loopy. Honestly the worst aftereffect is that my mouth is way sensitive. It’s been three days and I’m still not ready to bite into solid food. Mostly it’s been yogurt, ice cream, pudding, chicken salad, and mashed potatoes — stuff like that. The dentist gave me some mouthwash that’s been super helpful. I feel a lot better today than I did Thursday night, so progress. I’ll probably be able to eat something like bread tomorrow, but I don’t think I’ll be eating steak soon. Ha!

Photo by Daniel Frank on Pexels.com It’s fine, really!

Friday was a day of rest. I didn’t go for a walk on Wednesday or Thursday — Wednesday because my knees hurt and Thursday because I wasn’t supposed to eat or drink anything before my dental work and one should not exercise without eating or drinking — but I took Brandy for a walk on Friday. I’ve been taking the dogs out for walks in the morning instead of going to the gym most days. Brandy is ecstatic to be walking again, and Cocoa loves to go for walks. Poptart really likes walks, but alas and alack, he really needs to learn leash etiquette. That’s mostly my fault because I’ve never walked him since adopting him. The lady that we hired to walk them in Washington basically just gave them the lead and they never learned etiquette. So, Poptart barks and lunges at anyone who dares to pass us, but he’ll learn, dear reader, he’ll learn. Brandy also lunges at bicycles, which is something I need to break her of. Again, this is due to lack of training over the years, and it’s totally on me because I wasn’t able to train them. So, I’ll continue to walk them, but I think instead of taking Cocoa and Poptart together I’ll just take them separately until I get them trained. I might have to walk without them sometimes too because poor Cocoa just cannot walk very far anymore. He’s aging faster than the other two. They’re all about 11 I think. I went to the gym on Saturday because the air quality around here isn’t that great right now, so filtered air is better. Today, I am exhausted physically and mentally so I’m taking a day off. I did some chores around the house and put this bench together, so I’m doing a little.

Bench I put together
Google review

And that’s about it. A busy week for me. Oh, remember that fence company that took our money and didn’t give us a fence? Well, on Friday, I started leaving one star reviews all over the place for them stating exactly what they did and stopping short of calling them a scam — Google, Yelp, Facebook… hell, I even reactivated my Nextdoor account to leave a review/warning there. Wouldn’t you know it? within minutes the woman I’ve been dealing with called me on the phone and said, “Oh, I’ve been meaning to call you but your refund check is in the mail. I like, totally mailed it to you yesterday (that would have been Thursday)” I mean, come on… the check is in the mail? She was like, “Is there anything else you need from me?” I said, “Yes, you told me you would email me an invoice for the work done and the amount of my refund.” And — surprise surprise — she wasn’t in the office! Imagine my shock. She asked me to give her thirty minutes to email that to me. Imagine my further shock when that email never came. Well, my Nextdoor warning blew up and it turns out there have been a few people that this has happened to this company. Luckily the couple of people who posted publicly about it said that they got their refund and that the check actually cleared. So there’s that. Unfortunately, the company pulled my review from their Facebook, so it’s still nothing but glowing reviews there. Scumbags. But my Google review is still up. So there’s that. And there’s another review there that’s almost verbatim what happened to me.

Oh yeah, I figured out that WordPress didn’t get rid of the captions, for some reason the text is just white. I don’t know why that is, but that’s why I couldn’t see it. Weird.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.